Friday, August 24, 2007 @12:49 AM
For who He is..
As I stumbled upon this saying, there are two groups of people. One that seeks God for what He can do for them, and those that seek God for who He is.
So often it is easy to slip into that category where we seek God cos we want something from Him, which doesn't come from a heart from wanting to be with Him for who He is, but what He can do. But I've come to realize that some emotions are not comprehendible by mere humans. Even those who've watched you go thru it will never understand.. and the only person that does, in its enormity and fullness, is God. Yet to come to this unshakable realization requires Him to bring you thru an extremely testing and painful road. Not that I don't thank Him for this.. but I would've never agreed with Him to go thru all this when I was going thru these times of testing.
Karen and I probably experienced all of these first hand, going thru the meat of the matter. Of cos spiritually we're at different places, but what I feel is that God was trying to instill in us something as we fought on together in ministry.. the grieve, sadness, disappointment we faced was too great to be even put into words. sometimes I know we just cry and wanna let go.. and it has really been God's grace that we're still here, but further beyond that, God hit me in such a strong way at Staci's house.. it isn't something that can really be put into words.. but the love and comfort that filled me.. And it was a time that I know that I know He knows. A time where I knew I was not alone. The grieve and everything that happens behind closed doors were all addressed.. but that would mean that it required a higher being to know that right- cos I never never told anyone? God! That's where I realized not that He knows as in what my head-knowledge tells me where He knows=He knows what you're going thru, but as in He knows=He knows what you're going thru and the state of your heart.. Perhaps different people go thru different things for the revelation necessary to their lives.
Yeah. And of late I felt God's nudge again. Not about what He's going to do but of certain 'revelations' on the timing.. Like how people are not ready- i realized people have to want to in order to receive.. and also how a certain part of my life was not ready, how the people need to 'build' their lives in Him first before He sweeps across them. Just like how Karen saw that I would grow into a woman of God, I probably see that the group God has prepared. As in literally knowing him from the first step till the thing that's about to come.
Till then I pray God will continue to deal with my pride issue.. And launch at the appointed time! Remember, it's for who He is to me!! Labels: god
Her
estelle, or more famously known as
stelle
LSE undergraduate
the date is 8 July 1984
The Gang
Amy.
April.
Ivory.
Joy.
Lin Ming.
Liyi.
Pao Yin.
Sarah.
Soph.
Wanxin.
Uhuh?
Rewind
Wishlist
Incanto Heaven Perfume by Salvatore Ferragamo
Pink iPod Nano 8GB
Christina Aguilera Live Down Under DVD
Moolahs!
Travel Destinations
Gold Coast, once more baby!
Melbourne, my dearie home.
The United States :D
Taiwan, ShoppinG!
Sydney, the sights and SEAfood.
Japan, the hot springs!
Adelaide, I miss my peeps!
Switzerland, shopping part II & more cheese :)